Thursday, November 29, 2007

From our friends at SafetyXchange

10 Things a Safety Trainer Never Hears
By Glenn Demby-->
(see Safety Xchange link in right column)
1. Hey! Get up! It's MY turn to sit in the front row!
2. Your safety talk was so exciting that I didn't notice it was 25 minutes over the scheduled time!

3. Personally, I find inspecting my respirator so much more enjoyable than playing golf.
4. As General Manager, I was going to recommend an additional $5,000 per month for wining and dining new customers; but I've decided to put the money into your safety budget instead.
5. I volunteer to be the permanent teacher of the tail-gate safety talks!!!
6. As a safety director, you're a valued part of our management team and, doggone it, you deserve to be paid like it so you can live like the other senior managers do.
7. I love it when we have these management safety awareness meetings!!!!
8. Hey! Now THESE are some really cool safety glasses!
9. The plant manager would like to send you to a two-week safety seminar in the Bahamas, if that's okay with you.
10. Nothing inspires me and strengthens my commitment in the morning like seeing that lime green "SAFETY FIRST" fob on my key ring!

Honorable Mention:
"Hey Bob! Can I inspect all the forklifts today? Just to be thorough... PLEASE???
Submitted by:Ralph B. WhiteSafety and MaintenanceSmith Industries, Midland
Texas

No comments: