Thursday, March 5, 2009

Make better Choices

Safety Topic of the Week - Make better Choices
Make Safety Personal! Accept responsibility for your actions and choices. Every action, every decision you make has consequences. Make better choices. Everybody’s luck runs out, eventually!

STOP taking chances! STOP cutting corners!
Make Time for Safety…You’re Worth It!
You owe your family and co-workers that much!


Chance
By Safety Wayne

I took Chance to work today…
His friends are all injured or dead

When I asked him why he cut corners
‘Cause safety is for fools’, he said

He seemed nice enough, but he’s tricky
And can cost you dearly in the end

One thing I know for certain…
This Chance guy is not your friend

We were working on a belt conveyor
But the tool we needed was back in the shop.

I was going to run and fetch it until Chance said…
‘We’ll never get done if you have to stop’.

‘Grab the pry bar and I’ll give it a whack
It’s OK we’ll just force that darn thing back!’

Well, the bar moved as that old hammer struck
I found out listening to Chance was relying on Luck.

Now my hand is all swollen and awfully sore too
I hope something like this never happens to you

Yeah, I took Chance to work today
And luckily I’m not dead!

Tomorrow I’m going to Play it Smart
I think I’ll take Safety instead!


Work Smart...Work Safe!

No comments: