Wednesday, January 16, 2008

They Closed the Plant Today

by w.a.k

They closed the plant today,
And sent our jobs away

To Mexico or China, somewhere overseas,
But no more jobs for you and me.

The mills are still and the kiln is cold,
What do I do now…I’m almost 50 years old?

They closed the plant today,
And left us all with bills we can’t pay.

They say that the cost of production just got too high
So they're closing down and saying ‘Bye-Bye’

No more income, the crappy insurance is gone too!
And there are no local jobs for me or you!

They closed the plant, what a shame,
Could I have been part of the blame?

Guess, I’ll check the papers and get some interviews,
But it seems like I’ve already paid my dues.

Wow, there sure aren’t many jobs around
I hope I don’t have to leave my hometown.

The bills will pile up for my house and my truck,
Man, I can’t believe it…just my bad luck.

What’s that noise…is it an alarm or a scream?
Oh that’s the alarm clock…Thank God it was only a dream!

Wake Up America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: