Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FYI – 3/10/08

Self Evaluation…
-Am I setting a good example…for my kids, for my co-workers?
-What are the most important things in my life today and why?
-Where am I going in life and do I have a plan to get there?
-What can I do to grow personally and/or professionally?
-Do the important people in my life know how I feel about them?
-Am I taking enough time to enjoy life or have I forgotten how?
-Am I the person I want to be and if not why not?

Supervisor Tip
"... Praise loudly, blame softly." -Catherine the Great

March is American Red Cross Month
Blood donors are needed, now. The Nation’s Blood Supply is very low. Please donate blood at a collection site near you. Volunteers are also needed at the local level, and monetary donations are always appreciated.

We make the difference
Our lives are changed by what we do, not by what others do to us. -Shannon Earls

Tidbits for the road
-Pull over if you’re tired! Drowsy driving causes more than 100,000 crashes each year, resulting in 40,000 injuries and 1,550 deaths. Actual numbers are higher, as this category is grossly under-reported. A ten-minute nap helps restore alertness
-Good Drivers just drive! Cell phones are a huge distraction that leads to many accidents. You are 4 times more likely to be in an accident if you’re talking on the cell phone as you drive. Keep you mind on task!
-Keep an eye on your speed. Speeding increases the potential for an accident and wastes gasoline; and it doesn’t gain you much in the long run.
-Come to a complete stop! Intersection accidents are on the rise because we are all in such a big hurry. Many drivers run red lights and others use the rolling stop. Not only can this lead to a ticket…it can also lead to a serious accident.Don’t forget the seat belt! One of the smartest things you can do when you get behind the wheel is to Buckle Up! Seat belts save lives, but only if you use them.

Quote of the Week
“Happy is the man who finds Wisdom; the man who gains understanding, for her profit is greater than silver; greater than gold is her revenue.” Source: Proverbs

No comments: